Intensives are for potters who know the basics of throwing and want to practice skills or try new projects. There are two types. During FUNDAMENTALS intensives we work on skill building, and the clay we use is recycled at the end of class. During PROJECT intensives participants work towards finished forms. Sign up for intensives based on your needs and interests, and feel free to repeat as often as you like. Intensives are offered each month or two on a Sunday morning.
What's available Sundays?
- Fundamentals: Centering and Opening* 2 Pounds 7 Inches* Get a Handle On It* Put A Lid On It* Trimming*
- Project: Vases* Plates* Teapot** Pine Needle Weaving*** Marbling X 3* Pottery Challenge (Various)*
- Hand-built Projects: Vases* Teapot** Rainstick* Coil-Constructed Vases/Candleholders* Soft Slab Textured Boxes* Fish Carved Lanterns* Coiled Baskets*
- Expression Sessions: Hand-building with Dr. Liz* Spin with Drs. Liz & Patty*
How much does an intensive cost?
- * One session for members; $75 (includes supplies and bisque firing) for non-members
- **Two sessions for members; $125 (includes supplies and bisque firing) for non-members
- ***One session plus supplies fee for members; $75 plus supplies fee for non-members
Call us at (310) 502-3115 with questions!